10 Questions to Ask a Roofer - Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Queens, New York (NY)
10 Questions to ask a
Roofer before you hire them on Long Island New York.
These are questions to ask before having a roofer install a new roof on your home.
1. Are you licensed? Make sure your contractor is properly licensed. In the State of New York, all contractors MUST be either certified by the State (if they have a statewide license), or registered with the State (if they have a countywide license). Anyone can say they are licensed. Make the contractor prove it by either showing you the license or giving you a copy of it. Remember to check the expiration date, and the county if It's a countywide license. Being licensed is the law. If a contractor cannot produce a valid license, DON'T HIRE THEM! If you live in a townhouse, villa, or high rise condominium building with four or more units, make sure the Roofing Contractors are permitted to perform the roofing work. They need a commercial license. Do not hire a Residential Roofer; they would be operating outside of their license.
2. Are you Insured? Make sure your roofer has the proper insurance. Most roofing companies only hold a basic insurance policy because it is too expensive to carry the proper insurance. New Roof Long Island has the proper insurance you are looking for when hiring a roofer.
3. Do you carry general liability insurance? Make sure your roofing contractor carries general liability insurance. This type of insurance protects your property in case of damage caused by the contractor and/or his employees. The insurance company will pay for the cost of replacing and/or repairing any damage that occurs. Most people say they are insured but really don't carry the correct insurance for their business. Anyone can say they are insured. Make the Roofing contractor prove it by having their insurance company FAX or mail to you a certified copy of his insurance with you named as the certificate holder.
4. Will you provide me with a written lien waiver? Your roofer should provide you with a written lien waiver at the end of the roofing job. This is a legal document, which says you the homeowner have paid the roofer in full for the services rendered and the roofer waives his right to place a mechanic's lien on your property. .
5. Are you a member of any roofing associations? Roofers who are on the forefront of their field are always looking to learn about their trade. They are able to network with other roofers and learn the best install practices.
6. Do you guarantee your work? Your roofer should guarantee their work for years to come. Make sure that you are dealing with a reputable company who will be there if there are issues.
7. How many roofers will be on site to install my roof? Make sure that your roofing company has more than 4 roofers working on your roof at one time. If not the roofing job will take much longer than necessary. Ask who will be In charge of the Job. Make sure that there is always a Forman on site while your roofing job is going on.
8. Will you provide me with written references? A good roofing company will be happy to provide you with references. You should look for a well-established roofer who can give you several client references from the last 6 months to one year.
9. What percentage of your business is repeat or referral business? When a significant source of a roofers business is derived from repeat and referral business, it usually indicates that his clients are pleased with the work they have received.
10. Are your roofers certified in the products they install? Our roofers are certified in the materials they install. Your roof will be installed properly and for residential roofs it will be installed in 1 day!
For more information, contact New Roof Long Island, a professional roofing contracting company. We have over 30 years of roofing repair experience. We can fix any of your roofing issues. Contact New Roof Long Island Today!!
We are partnered with the major roofing material companies and will beat any roofing contractor quotes. Get your price then call us for a free roofing estimate. We travel across Nassau County, Suffolk County and Queens New York installing new roofs and fixing old leaky roofs.
If you are looking to fix leaks in your current roof or if you want a brand new roof, look no further. We will fix your current roof or do a roof rip and install a new roof usually in 1 day with very minimal mess! (commercial roofing may be longer)