If you are contemplating on getting a new roof installed or are repairing/restoring an old one, the investment can be significant. This makes it important for you to choose a roofing contractor who will be able to meet your requirements and work within your budget too. There are a number of aspects you will have to take into account while you are choosing a roofing contractor. Here are the most important ones:
- Cost Factor- It’s important to get quotes from different contractors and though you may be tempted to doing so, do not settle for one that has given you the lowest bid. This could also mean the contractor is using poor-quality materials or is providing sub-standard workmanship. Contrastingly, some of the best roofers are able to also provide low quotes because they maintain very low overheads. If you find that someone has provided you a very low bid, do not shy from asking how they have priced it that way
- Experience- It is important to hire the services of a contractor who will be able to provide you high levels of services. When it comes to the quality of a roofing installation, experience matters a great deal. Keep in mind, that a credible and reputed roofer will always provide guarantees for his work. This guarantee is different from one that the roofing material manufacturer provides
- License & Insurance– Sydney roofing contractors are required to have licenses and when you opt for a vetted contractor, it means you have your bases well covered. Check whether they have insurance & worker compensation- this is essential in case any property damage occurs while they are carrying out the installation
- Check References– A contractor who has been operating in the region for a number of years will also have built a strong customer base. Before you make your final choice, ask the contractor for references. It’s important for you to understand that he will give you contacts only of the satisfied customers. So check with the Better Business Bureau- you will know if there are any complaints and how those complaints were handled by the contractor
- Communication– The person you are going to be dealing with should be able to communicate well, be willing to answer questions and proactive with providing solutions. It’s important to understand that lack of proper communication can result in misunderstandings
Other Factors to Consider
Check what kind of guarantee the contractor provides, and what the skill levels of the technicians are. You should also ask about what process they follow for cleaning up the site once the job has been completed. It’s also crucial that the roofing contractor be focused on providing you high levels of customer service and this are something you will be able to judge in your initial interaction with the company. So do not make a hasty decision with choosing a roofing contractor for your work- take all these factors into consideration and make a smart choice.